Updated: Feb 3, 2019
It may look picturesque out there, but don’t get caught out by the white stuff!
Before making a journey, ask yourself is this journey really necessary, if it’s not, stay put!
Make sure you’re prepared for your journey
- start by pulling away very slowly in a higher gear, this prevents skidding and will get purchase on a snowy surface
- if snow is heavy, think, do I really need to make this journey?
- keep a greater distance from the car in front, 10 second gap minimum
- make sure you have enough fuel for your journey
- keep a map in the car in case mobile signal dies or you lose phone charge
- Anticipate and plan, watch further ahead than just the car in front...BE PREPARED!
- Take a blanket and warm clothing, a shovel, and a warm drink...just in case